Monday, November 29, 2010

Turkey What?

Happy Belated Thanksgiving to all!


This year was the first year I didn’t go home for Thanksgiving in 22 years.  It was a strange feeling of missing everyone at home and feeling like a grown up as I helped my housemates cook all the fixings for our Thanksgiving feast.   We had chicken, (with only 2 omni’s in the house, it was all we needed), homemade stuffing, green beans, lentil loaf, mashed potatoes, sweet potato casserole, and lots of dessert!  We finished the evening by watching a Semi-Christmas movie, The Holiday, and I fell asleep on the couch as Leslie and I watched Stepmom. 
            The weekend went quite well with Leslie here.  We house sat downtown and so we played tourist in Baltimore and ate a lot of good food (I’m now broke for a while, but it was worth it!)
            We ended the week with a 2 hour community meeting where we discussed the exciting events of the next 3 weeks which include visiting Hampden where there are really pretty Christmas lights, the light of the Washington Monument (a big Baltimore thing), a Christmas Celebration at our house, and a cookie making party.  With work and all this, its going to be a busy few weeks. 
            The meeting also spent a large amount of time discussing what the chores actually mean… Lets just say that was exhausting!
For those of you who haven’t signed up, I’ll link you to the newspaper I put together for work, so you can see all the cool things I do!  I’m working on my first article for it, where I’m covering a trip that a VP went on in South America, it’s really cool because I’ve redesigned the whole thing to make it more user friendly.
I’m really excited to be going home for 18 days!  For those of you who are wondering, I’ll be in Southern California on the 17th at night.  You can find me at the nearest In n Out drive thru.  I’ll be heading up to Norcal the 26th -29th and leave early Monday morning back to Baltimore on the 3rd.
Hope you all are doing well... Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment